Old Navy is a hit or miss for me. I like it for my girls’ basics like jeans , tees, etc. especially when they have a great sale but I don’t always find stuff for me personally. I stopped by after lunch last week to see what’s new and actually picked up a few items that spoke to me, but not the items I thought I would like.
Passed on these:
- I saw a bunch of Spring dresses at the front of the store that caught my attention; I like eyelet material so the display of eyelet dresses in several colors drew me in. Regular price $35, currently on sale for $25. All their dresses are currently on sale here. I tried on the navy in 6 but the fit was off. It was weird around the bust area and the back made my butt look flat (not flattering). So it was a no go.
- I also tried on a paisley shift dress in small that was ok; I actually liked the print a lot but the polyester material was so-so. I like the way it hung on me but I wasn’t in love with it so I passed.
- The anchor print chambray shirt was disappointing; I really wanted to like it but I wished the chambray shade was darker. The anchor print is impercetible against the light or faded material.
- Unexpectedly, what I did like a lot was the ankle Diva pants in black ($30). They have it available in many colors and fun prints. It’s similar to the J.Crew Minnie but these actually fit me better. I find that I’m between sizes in the Minnie: the 6 is too big and the 4 is too small so I’ve always hesitated getting it again; I do have it in gray in 6 that I need to have taken in. So the Old Navy dup is a nice alternative.
- Lastly, they had a bunch of clearance items that got me – I’m always a sucker for basics like tees and these were an amazing deal. The striped yellow/navy ruffled tee was $4.99 in store and the short sleeved henleys were $6.
Now I need to make room in my closet for these Spring purchases….and it’s not even officially Spring yet.