The cape or capelet is not for everyone; it can be tricky to pull off depending on the pairings you choose. Some capes can be bulky or so oversized that it can swallow me up to the point that I resemble a couch with a throw blanket over it. And I don’t want to be mistaken for a coffee plantation emblem, sans the donkey. So when I stumbled on this version from The Limited from their latest arrivals for Fall, I immediately reserved it online so I can take a closer look in store…and I’m so glad I did. It’s a fantastic lightweight, not too big, not too long, not too batman-ish, perfect capelet. I’m beyond ecstatic to finally find one that’s easy to wear and won’t break the bank.
Here are the deets:
- It comes in two sizes: XS/S and M/L
- I got it in the XS/S; for reference, I am 5’4″ and about 125 lbs. You can see in the pics below, it falls at a flattering length, covers where necessary but doesn’t overwhelm my frame. I have plenty of room to layer under it. I also love the u-shape edge on the front and back.
- It’s available online and in stores – as I said, I reserved mine online for pick-up in store
- Material: Stretchy knit – 40% viscose, 30% nylon, 30% wool
- It retails for $70 but with the 50% off coupon I received in the mail, it was a good value. 09/16/15 Update: Today only, everything is 50% off with code: TODAY
- Con: The only con I have is that it’s a bit itchy (likely due to the wool) which I think won’t matter when worn over other layering pieces
Hope this quick review and outfit pics help if you have the same challenge of finding the perfect cape for Fall…. I suppose one can have worse problems 😉 That’s it for now!
PS: The necklace below, along with many others, are now only $3 each at Walmart 🙂