This Award is designed to be passed along by bloggers to bloggers to help share blogs you love and discover new ones. It is specifically for blogs with no more than 200 GFC subscribers which is great for building new readership.
I am honored and grateful to be nominated by Andrea at http://lifesdivine.blogspot.com/
Here’s how it works:
If you are nominated, the idea is for you to write a post including 11 facts about yourself, the answers to the questions the blogger who nominated you asked, the 11 blogs you would like to nominate, and the 11 questions you would like those bloggers to answer.
You can see Andrea’s post here to read her Q and A’s and view the other blogs she nominated.
11 facts about me:
1. I am originally from the Philippines; I moved to Colorado when I was 14 years old. That was a long time ago.
2. I met my husband on a blind date in Southern California; two years later we were married.
3. I studied Journalism in College; my grandfather was an editor of a major newspaper in the Philippines – probably where I get the writing bug from. He was abducted by the Japanese army during World War II for speaking out against the country’s occupation by the Japanese, on his newspaper. He never came home.
4. I am a quality manager by profession which is not related to Journalism per se, but I do get to write policies and procedures (exciting stuff…NOT).
5. I have two beautiful daughters, 12 and 9 and they are the light of my life.
6. I love fashion – surprise! I love everything about it. I have way too many clothes, shoes and bags as my family will attest. I feel sometimes, I missed my calling to be a buyer for a major department store or something related to being a professional shopper. What a wonderful job that would be.
7. I love being a girl! It’s so much more fun. I grew up with 6 brothers and 1 sister so I know all about the mischief of boys.
8. I am addicted to YouTube; I stay up way too late sometimes just watching my favorite YouTubers (I’m working on a post on this topic).
9. I’m a Capricorn and born in the Year of the Goat which others say make me very very very stubborn but I’ll never admit to it, ever, ever.
10. I love food! It’s a big part of my culture which makes fact #11 very hard to “swallow”.
11. I am currently on a very strict diet of no carbs, no sugar, no dairy, no wheat, no processed foods, no pork, no caffeine…basically everything I love. It’s a tough diet to be on but I’m committed to being healthier for my family.
If you were only allowed one make-up product, what would it be? Concealer
If you had to live somewhere else, where would it be? Orange County, California
What do you wish you could tell your teenage self? Enjoy being skinny!
What’s a health/fitness tip that just doesn’t seem to work for you? Getting started
What was your most listened to song of 2012? I like the Classics
What is your favourite smell or fragrance? Annick Goutal – Hadrien
Share your best home organisation tip! Keep a catch all basket in main living area
What is your favourite post work-out snack? Water with Lemon
What made you smile yesterday? When I picked up my girls from school
What is your go-to outfit for everyday
Winter: skinnies, tall boots, button down shirt under sweater, blazer or cardigan and a big purse
Summer: Dress or skirt and sandals; or white jeans, comfy tee and flip flops
What do you really like to bake or cook? Or what would you like to learn how to bake or cook?
I’m not much of a cook; my husband cooks at our house (he went to culinary school) but I would love to learn how to make gluten free, sugar free, flour/wheat free desserts
Now, here are the blogs I nominate:
Please answer the same questions I did when you post this on your blog!
My sincerest thanks to Andrea at “Life’s Divine”!
I am grateful for getting me out of my blogging slump!
If you’re visiting me through Andrea’s blog post, thank you and welcome!
I vow to post more consistently – thanks again!!